***Share if you enjoyed the article! Thanks.
MLM companies are Ponzi schemes. Plain and simple. In order to fool people join in, they really need to generate trust. Here are some ways to do it:
- Don’t tell to the guest it’s a MLM in the first place. They most probably will not come! Tell them is a socializing event, it’s an opportunity, it’s a fun event, etc…
- Set the MLM meeting in a fancy place (a hotel or a Government facility). They cannot be crooks, correct? They are a legit business.
- Show earnings of previous joined “leaders”. Proof of money! Greed is good!
- Always have at least one differentiator point. “Our product is unique in the world, we have global patent for it, we invest millions in research”
- Proof of social pressure. You are not the only one stupid to join. There are millions. So, you are not so stupid after all. Actually, you are smart. 🙂
- Show pictures of success to generate trust: fancy cars, a palm tree and a nice beach, tablets, people with success. Or show cars in the parking lot 🙂
- Show a LOT of testimonials, preferably live, from various, happy, grateful people. They can’t be all wrong, can they?
- Create 2-3 site with MLM earnings rankings (like http://www.businessforhome.org/, a shitty site with PR 3 and hidden register owner), where, obviously, your MLM scores highest :). Just like the multinationals create NGOs just to say “Our product is recommended by the National Association of …..”
- Involve the newcomers into small physical activities – “Raise your hand if ….”. This will make them lower the barriers…
- Ask questions where the answer is mandatory YES and helps you sell the stuff: “Do you want more money?”, ” Do you want recurring income, without work?”
- Use the rule of 3 walls. Leave no chance to the guest to see other solution other then join.
- Show how easy it is. Just fun and smiles. 🙂 Everybody is one big happy family.
- Tell that you will not making sales. Everybody hates sales. Just need to bring other suckers to the meetings and the pack of wolfs will take care to brainwash them. As simple as that 🙂 Start now!
- Make people as comfortable as possible, helping them making friends with others people already in the MLM. Here we are all friends, it’s fun, it’s great, you should come again…
- Keep people in a distractions-free area, to ensure a clear message delivery, with no interruptions. Interruptions are bad. You can realize you are being played.
- Call2actions: “act fast”, “act now”, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, but the company will grow with or without you. You should choose this before is too late. Do it before you leave the door. Commit, otherwise you will loose the opportunity.
- You should come alone. If you come with a friend, there is a possibility you will speak only with your friend and make fun of the event, but if you are alone, you will speak only with people from MLM, selected people 🙂
People joining MLM are either weak, either stupid, either desperate, either jerks (or a combination) that will start using their personal influence to convince people what a great opportunity is to spend a lot of money on overpriced products to paid up to 10 levels of commissions to everybody above him. 🙂
Beware! Is easy to generate trust to minds that want to believe the nice story is true.
- Why an e-marketing agency does not like to work with start-up/inexperienced clients (very much)
- Online stupidity
- How much does it worth a website?
- Testimonials rulz
- Chrome extensions are good for business
***Share if you enjoyed the article! Thanks