***Share if you enjoyed the article! Thanks.
Some very interesting learnings from Gala Premiilor eCommerce 2010. (live blogging)
- Bogdan Manole (legal)
- register at osim the url/brand
- most of the legal stuff are copy paste find replace
- better use unique brand names than seo optimised
- if you are a distributor, you should state your relationship with the rest of the brands
- if you have a price on a site, that is a ferm selling offer. if we have a client willing to buy, we have a contract
- for “ramburs” you can select clients via a clause “if you did not paid first time, next time you pay in advance”
- who r u? what personal data do you collect? why i collect personal data? how do i use them?what other third parties do have access,
- most operators did not fully comply with the law
- put an order without making an account (I HATE making accounts)
- deleting data of old users if not comming back after 1 year (eventually you send en email warning before)
- ochim.eu – for protecting the brands in EU
- brand protection begins when the deposit is posted.
- CNP – better NOT to collect it (legally is a mess)
- Iustin Priescu (security)
- outpost24, sweden
- perimetral scanning
- at 22 scanned eshops, 2035 vulnerabilities known found
- iso 27001 – information security certification
- 5.6 out of 10
- PROBLEM1. attention problem – too many “distractors” – things that are not essentials are given too much importance
- PROBLEM 2. logic of the buyer differs from the seller (this is the most important)
- PROBLEM 3. subconscious plays a huge role
- PROBLEM 4. semantic. clients don’t understand some words from sites. acronyms, neologism, polismenia, scientific terms, used too much
- PROBLEM 5 – complexity. is a disaster.
- PROBLEM 6 – cognitive simulation – will it make human tick. banks use toooooo much text on their sites
- metrics: electronics (time on site, pageviews, bounce rate), subjectives (ask people if they like it, did they found what they wanted, etc), fiziological (eye tracking)
- eyetracking – where the human looks, how long, where it looks next. several eyetracking => heatmaps
- reasearch can boost the sales
- next Brian Einsenberg
- your website sucks!
- top conversion rate is 41% schwan, proflower 26,5%, vitacost 24% (never settle with low, settle at least 10%
- #1 UVP – unique value proposition, UCP unique campaign proposition:
- “over 10 mm shiped. one time shipping 4,99usd) free 10 usd gift card with purchase of 25$ and more. since 1923, try it free for 30 days
- #2. make persuasive and relevant offers: free shipping rulz. from page to page people forget what they have seen –
- #3. reinforce the offer across the site – special late night offer. Use BIG fonts. 20% OFF
- #4. visitors find a treat and try to find out more – be alligned
- 4 types of buyers: competitive, methodical, spontaneous, emontional
- spontaneuos – seek top releases + top sellers,
- humanistic care about reviews,
- methodical search by genre,
- competitive search by actor, titles
- on amazon there are 150-200 tests running every givin time
- use voice of the consumer
- most used application on android and iphone is a barcode scanner. you scan in the store and you get via the application reviews and stuff
- nice idea: put printed reviews and testimonials from clients
- use big banners to help clients navigate: top rated fav unde 50 bucks
- searchers vs browsers
- user generate content increase email readings
- they use it for credibility
- do usability studies (there are softwares for that already)
- usertesting.com – 100 usd
- usability – how a night club will be design by an usability expert :))
- use scarcity 15 products in stock. hurry, there are 632 people shopping now
- book to read – *the psyhology influence of persuasion”
- give something for free
- on thank u page, give a 10 minutes counter to buy something else at a discount rate – suggestive selling on the spot!
- use AUTHORITY headseats.com – good/better/best – and u believe them !
- the checkout pages should be cool also + reinforcements (satisfaction guarantee)
- thank u note “thank u for choosing Basecamp”
- 72% abandonment rate of shopping card in USA!
- you create the account after the thank you page, not upfront
- point of action assurances: this connection is secure, guarantees refund, no question asks. We’ll not share your email with anyone (and signed)
- always have one big button and one secondary one: keep shopping (if you want to shop)
- full paypament or in installments – let them choose in the card
- for 5 dollars more you’ll get this tomorrow. for an extra 10 you’ll get it today
- the champions spend money on testing and usability studies,
- spend your money on improving conversion not on building more traffic. the word of mouth will do the rest
- focus on continuous improvement
- they utilize a system for prioritization – “learn more”-> “help me choose”
- they know how to implement quicly – in 2h after michael jackson died, amazon had the store redone to sell that.
- newsletter – ask for review from people that ever bought from u and promise something in return
- price and convenience – that’s the main reasons why people buy online
- use call tracking to see roi from site
- dorin boerescu
- we should have ALL top 10 results after the brand of my shop (using my blog, tw account, slideshare, youtube, etc)
- make sem on your name, to block competitors
- 2parale – 1 an – 67 campaigns, 2500 affiliats, 9mm clicks, 1mm eur generated sales, 19,000 leads.
- preferential contests for affy, feeds,
- gecad epayment – daniel nicolescu
- 2008 – 652k tranzactions, 53mm eur romcard, s1 2010 1195999transactions, 68,5 mm eur
- 2008 romanian client 36% females, 30-40 yo, 8% 18-25 yo, 1/year card payment 64%, Tu, We 17-18% highest peak, 10-14 highest payments hourly interval, bucuresti, cluj, iasi timis, brasov,
- 2009 romanian client: 37% females, 30-40 yo 37%, 18-25 raises to 10%, 25-30 26%, (young people don’t have purchasing power). 29% 2-5 transactions per year (increasing). Mon, Tu 18% increasing. 30% of purchases between 10-14
- 2010 romanian client: females 42%!, 30-40yo 37% of transactions, 12% for 18-25yo (increasing), 30% of buyers 2-5 transactions per year, 6-10 transactions – 6%. Mo 16%, all weekdays are becoming uniform (weekend days on the rise). Sun 11%.Sat 13%, 10-14 15%, increasing up to 18.00h; 22-00 9% .
- gecad does not have adult shops in portfolio
- 90% market share for gecad (from 95% 2 years ago)
- the costs expected to decrease this year
- highest risk is from prepaid phone cards ~8 eur, the commision is too low.
- some guy, from IBM (Todd Watson)
- don’t overplan. make 30-60-90 days plans
- how easy is to forget your name?
- ibm gets 40% from organic google search
- Kuantero is on the 3rd place on Romania Google Adwords Q3 Top Partners
- Eye injury price premium for webdevelopers
- How important is the health of your brand
- WordPress bans sites if wrong links appears in blogroll
- Testimonials rulz
***Share if you enjoyed the article! Thanks
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!