***Share if you enjoyed the article! Thanks.
Yesterday I’ve been at Webstock (one of my favorite events about technology), the mobile section. There were some interesting panelist and I found some interesting figures:)
What I think is interesting to share:
- 102 bln app downloads in 2013 (estimate). 91% of them free.
- Market value 26 bln usd versus 18 bln in 2012
- 48% of those money in app purchase
- on Appstore, 60% are free, versus 80% on Android
- the market will become mature in 2017
- 270 bln downloads
- 253 bln usd in revenue
- 95% free apps
- average number of downloads per month will decrease to 4.9
- iOS – 1.25 M apps, 50 bln downloads, 5 bln usd paid to developers
- Android 0.8M apps, 48 bln downloads, 9 bln total revenue, 150k developers
- Microsoft 160k apps, 650M downloads, 45k developers, very few money, lack of focus from Microsoft, stalling
- one developer has in average 5 apps on iOS and Android, less than 3 on Microsoft
- average income per download: 0.018 usd/android, 0.2 usd/ios
- average income per app: 4k/android, 20k/ios
- Recommendation: launch on Android to get awareness, launch on ios to get money. Explore Ms.
- Fail fast and fail cheap. – good recommendation.
- in Romania, 28% have smartphones in 2013 versus 11.5 in 2012.
- 77% surfed the web, 55% bought something (!)
- People prefer mobisites then apps
- Target the West. (as we do 🙂 )
***Share if you enjoyed the article! Thanks