***Share if you enjoyed the article! Thanks.
Today i am in Mobile Marketing Conference, at Howard Johnson, at the invitation of Cristi Manafu. Here are some interesting facts INNITIATIVE
- 300mm – smartphones today -> 1.8bln in 2013 if trend continues
- 2.5mm smartphones in romania now
- international, data is bigger than voice. in romania voice 43%, data 31%, sms 19%
- 58% of respondents access mobile internet at least once per day , on average 18 minutes
- mobile internet average – 18 min
- over half 16-24
- majority use it for personal use
- mobile usage: email access, online search, reading general news, maps, IM, social network, music listenign and downloading, searching for accomodation and leisure, travel , video viewing
- outside is more mobile
- 80% for fun, 68% to stay
- 17% use mobile internet while watching tv, 30% while reading newspapers, 60% while listening radio
- in romania, mobile internet is still perceived as the mobile version of the fixed internet connection. vs global where smartphone is perceived as a computer that makes voice calls also 🙂
- 69% have downloaded mobile apps
- 82% have at least one mobile app
- only 24% have ever paid for an app (invers versus global)
- smartphones apps average is 6 (4 downloaded) vs international 8 used and 13 downloaded
- games 36%, music 49, gps 30%, planning 39%, social network 61%, shopping 22%
- most used: social networking – the HIGHEST in the countries in the study :)!!! 61% vs 26% global
- gimmicks is picking up
- 33% have opted in to receive commercial messages. 69% have opened all messages
- 27% say that they did not received enough messages 🙂 – nice opportunity for advertising
- 30% have been exposed to mobile ad banners – 44% say that banners do not disrupt
- traffic on site sites increase 59% in the past 6 months
- mobile allows ultra-targeting
- free sms – and the last 15 char are used for promo
- Live blogging from Digital Marketing Forum 2012
- Do what the priest tells you, not what the priest does. And use common sense!
- Building for mobile
- Being #1 in Google results gives you aprox 32.5% clicks. #10, only 2.4%
- Live blogging Digital Marketing Forum
***Share if you enjoyed the article! Thanks
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!