***Share if you enjoyed the article! Thanks.
Google Page Rank is/was an indicator still much trusted by emarketing persons (me included). I used PR to have an instant impression about a site. How good is it.
In the past, things were pretty clear on how to get a PR. It would take like 2 months to get a PR. Google had a monthly recalculation of PR. The first one did not helped the PR of the new launched site, but the second would give it the first PR grade, which would be like the top site that linked to you minus 1 point.
My record was to get a PR 4 for a site in 3 weeks since lanching (now that site has more than 2 millions incomming links according webmaster tools) and it is still PR4. This happend in march and the site is still building momentum.
Lately i saw that it’s increasingly difficult to obtain PR – any PR. It seems that Google doesn’t want to use this measurement (actually, they even told webmasters several times in the past NOT to focus on this, because they will discontinue it).
I rekon this difficulty of getting PR is a part of that discontinuation of Page Rank.
- Google index is full month base, not a last minute radiography
- How to get PR4 in 3 weeks after you bought the domain
- Guaranteed results by Ferseta e-Consulting Cabinet – nice example
- Being #1 in Google results gives you aprox 32.5% clicks. #10, only 2.4%
- No-follow really means no-follow?
***Share if you enjoyed the article! Thanks